These outrageously good, no bake truffles have a gooey sweet and spicy center and rich chocolate shell.
They are easy and fun to make, healthy, vegan, and Paleo.
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays & Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup dates pitted
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/3 cup creamy cashew butter or sunflower seed butter
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup or backstrap molasses (depending if you like them sweeter or spicier)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 3 Tbsp Healthy Skoop Daily Protein in Chocolate or coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups dark chocolate morsels
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Add dates, coconut cream and cashew butter to a food processor (or a high speed blender) and process on high until smooth – about 1 minute.
- Add the maple syrup, spices and vanilla and process again to combine. Finally, stir in the chocolate protein powder until fully combined. The protein powder needs time to absorb all the moisture so the mixture firms up – chill the mixture in the freezer for about 10 minutes to make it easier to work with.
- Remove mixture and using a small spoon, scoop a heaping teaspoon into small balls and place on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place the tray back in the freezer to firm a bit more.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a small saucepan over very low heat while stirring. Once melted, remove from heat and set aside.
- Dip the small balls of dough into the chocolate mixture and place back on the parchment lined cookie sheet. Chill once again in the freezer to help the chocolate harden up.
- Enjoy! These are great for sharing or for a pick-me-up after a long ride or run 🙂